Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Books!
So, I finished the sixth book of the Lewis Barnavelt series by John Bellairs recently. The last one wasn't quite as good as the previous ones, but I still enjoyed it. Technically, there are six more, but they aren't written by John Bellairs. Brad Strickland took over the books after Bellairs died (in 1991, if I recall correctly), starting with a few that Bellairs had started before writing his own books using Bellairs's characters (with permission from Bellairs's estate). I read one of his Johnny Dixon books back in eighth grade, but it wasn't as good as the ones Bellairs wrote, so I'll stick with Bellairs's novels.

After finishing the Lewis Barnavelt books, I read The Last Star by Linda McNabb. It was a bit weird, but very interesting with a lot of twists and turns that I did not expect (and dragons!). The ending was surprising, and a bit disappointing/bittersweet, but with the way the rest of the story had developed, there really was no better way to end it, so while I wasn't thrilled with how it ended, I can accept it as the best possible outcome given the circumstances.

Moving on from there, I've started The Dead Gentleman by Matthew Cody. It's more of a steampunk/sci-fi type story, but still an enjoyable adventure. I've read it once before, and if I remember correctly, it had a sort of non-ending like there was supposed to be a sequel, but it's been a few years, and Matthew Cody has written (at least) two more books, but none of them have anything to do with this one. I'll look him up and see if there's anything going on with this story.

Messages In This Thread
Books! - by selfwedgie13 - 08-21-2018, 04:16 PM
RE: Books! - by Red X - 08-21-2018, 11:49 PM
RE: Books! - by selfwedgie13 - 08-22-2018, 12:23 AM
RE: Books! - by Red X - 08-22-2018, 12:24 AM
RE: Books! - by selfwedgie13 - 08-22-2018, 12:31 AM
RE: Books! - by Red X - 08-22-2018, 12:33 AM
RE: Books! - by selfwedgie13 - 08-22-2018, 12:39 AM
RE: Books! - by selfwedgie13 - 11-14-2018, 06:40 PM